A healthy world population through evidence-based decisions, policies, and interventions.
The mission of GEMNet-Health is to empower member institutions to ensure access to quality monitoring and evaluation (M&E) training, research, and services.
GEMNet-Health fosters organizational growth, collaboration, and peer-to-peer support for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health programs globally through ongoing institutional linkages among members. As a network with a diverse set of skills and experiences—and with members located across the world—GEMNet-Health is well placed to be a global resource offering technical assistance and capacity building in a range of M&E topics.
The ten member institutions of GEMNet-Health are:
- Addis Ababa University
- Addis Continental Institute of Public Health
- Centre Africain d'Etudes Supérieures en Gestion
- Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica - English Version
- Kenyatta University, School of Public Health
- Mahidol University, Institute of Population and Social Research
- MEASURE Evaluation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Public Health Foundation of India
- University of Ghana, School of Public Health
- University of Pretoria, School of Health Systems and Public Health
University of Ghana School of Public Health currently serves as the secretariat for GEMNet-Health.
GEMNet-Health was established in 2012, and offers clients a wealth of technical expertise and experience, building on the strong programs present at each of the GEMNet-Health partners. GEMNet members provide consultancy services to build capacity in the field of M&E, including work with health information systems, data dissemination and use, health informatics, and many specialized evaluation topics.
- Evaluation of Health Programs: A Postgraduate Overview Course
- Core Competencies for Postgraduate Evaluation Courses: Report of the GEMNet-Health Task Group
- GEMNet-Health Planning Meeting February 23–25, 2017, Cuernavaca, Mexico
- GEMNet-Health Launch Summary Report